These delicious muffins are gluten-free, vegan, and paleo-friendly!
Makes 10-12 muffins.
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup ground flax seed
3/4 cup water
1/4 cup melted coconut oil or olive oil
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 medium sized ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 12 cup muffin tin.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, salt, ground flax and baking soda.
3. In a smaller bowl, mix together the water, coconut oil, maple syrup, mashed bananas, and vanilla.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
5. Spoon batter evenly into 12 muffin cups and decorate with slices of bananas if desired.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
7. Let the muffins cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.