These flax seed wraps are a healthy grain-free alternative for your favorite wrap and burrito recipes! It's amazing how delicious and satisfying these wraps are using just 2 simple ingredients.
Below is a video demonstration and the recipe. Bon appetit!
“Leftover tortillas should last 4-5 days in the fridge and can also be frozen in an airtight container with a piece of parchment paper separating each tortilla for up to 1 month.”
You’ll be posting loads of engaging content, so be sure to keep your blog organized with Categories that also allow visitors to explore more of what interests them.
1 cup ground flax seeds (or 2/3 - 3/4 cup whole flax seeds)
1 cup boiling water
1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
Herbs and spices of your choice (optional)
1. Place the ground or whole flax seeds in a high-speed blender and pulse until they reach a fine consistency. We’re wanting to make a “flour” out of the seeds so even if you’re using ground flax meal you’ll still want to do this step.
2. Add the flax flour to a bowl and add boiling water, salt, and whatever spices you desire.
3. Mix the ingredients together until the flax seeds absorb all the water and form a ball. If the dough is too sticky for whatever reason, you can add more flax flour to the mixture.
4. Remove the dough from the pan and separate the dough into 4 equal parts.
5. Place each dough ball between two pieces of parchment paper and roll them out with a rolling pin. Aim for about 1/16 “ thick.
6. For a perfectly circular tortilla, place a plate or a pot on the spread out tortilla and cut around the edge with a knife. Keep the extra dough to make another one. Repeat the process with each dough ball and leave them on their pieces of parchment paper.
7. Preheat a cast iron or any other non-stick pan over medium heat. Cook one tortilla at a time for 60-90 seconds, depending on your pan and heat. Flip and cook for 30-60 more seconds. Be careful not to over cook the tortillas or they will become too crispy and won’t bend.
8. Place the cooked tortillas on a cooling rack or plate. Enjoy with your favorite ingredients such as hummus, sprouts, and veggies as shown in my video!